Step 1 - Get organized
Determine whether this will be an individual or group project, and form a committee if you need to. Then, brainstorm what fundraiser you are going to plan. You can use our list of Kids For Wish Kids ideas for inspiration.
Step 2 – Choose a date and location
Once you have decided what you want to do, work with your advisor to decide the best date and location for your fundraiser.
Step 3 – Look over the rules
Make sure you know all the guidelines about fundraising for Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic by reading the Kids For Wish Kids Action Pack.
Step 4 – Register your event
Fill out the Kids For Wish Kids form and email, mail or fax it to the Make-A-Wish office. Then, contact Lindsay Cryer at 301-962-9474 or email@example.com, to discuss your project, develop a budget, ask questions and find out how the office can help.
Step 5 – Get the word out
• Design posters and flyers that you can put up at your school and in the community to get as much support as possible for your event.
• Challenge other homerooms, classes or schools. This is a great way to get more students involved in your fundraiser. The more students involved, the more fun it can be, and the more successful your fundraiser will be.
• Request a letter from the Make-A-Wish office to send out to parents and businesses in your community to get support and donations.
• If you are interested in sharing information about your event with the media please first contact Tara Wilson-Jones at 301-962-9474 for guidance and direction.
Step 6 – Finish up
• Turn in your money to the Make-A-Wish office within 30 days of the event.
• Send a check or money order to:
Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid-Atlantic
5272 River Road, Suite 700
Bethesda, MD 20816
• Plan a recognition assembly for the school. Work with our Events Coordinator if you’d like to request a chapter representative or volunteer to attend the presentation.
• Meet with your committee to discuss the success of the event and brainstorm any opportunities for future projects.
If you have any questions along the way, contact us: 301-962-9474 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.